Friday, May 1, 2009

Baby Girl Jensen

Our baby girl is finally here..here is her story..

Photobucket

I went in to the doctor yesterday with a severe cold. After checking me, Dr. Robison was worried since I was continuing to make progress since my last visit, that I would go into labor soon and too fast to have my iv antibiotics kick in for the baby. I had group b strep with my last pregnancy, resulting in a very sick baby, so for this one it had to be treated also. He told us to go home and get our things together and head over to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 5 pm, and soon after got started on iv antibiotics and fluids. The nurse started pitocin about 7:15, I started having pretty good contractions around 8. Dr. Robison came in soon thereafter and broke my water, and checked me and I was a 5. The labor got a lot more intense then. Back to back strong contractions, so the nurse called the anaesthesiologist to come in to give me an epidural. He arrived about half an hour later and got set up. He gave me the epidural, and I kept asking if it was normal that I could still feel contractions. They assured me it would just take a minute to kick in. A minute turned to two and then a half hour. They were having me change positions and testing the catheter and asking me millions of questions to see why it wasn't working. I starting feeling pressure, and I told the nurse I wasn't sure if it was just contractions or pressure. That only lasted for about 2 contractions, and then I was sure. I knew it was pressure and told her I had to push the baby out now. Things got crazy then. She checked me and I was a 10. We couldn't believe that I went from 5 to pushing in half an hour. There were a million people running around and screaming to call the doctor and tell him to get here now. I was screaming and crying and thinking that I was about to die. I kept telling them that I couldn't do it, and that I did not want a natural child birth. I didn't want to feel it and they had to do something to help me. I was out of my mind. It was pretty much the hardest thing I have ever had to do, need to push and not. The nurses and my sweet hubby were amazing and somehow I got through it and Dr. Robison was here in about 10 minutes. He said he was speeding to get here and ran all the way to the room. I started pushing as soon as I heard him in the hallway. It was extremely painful and totally out of control and I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I did. Less than 5 minutes later, she was here. She had shoulder dystocia, and the cord was wrapped around her neck and her leg. She is still healthy, and she is beautiful and I love her. She was born April 30, 2009 at 10:39 pm. She was 7 pounds 13 ounces, and 19 3/4 inches long. She has a little hair and lots of love. We aren't quite sure who she looks like but she sure is a cute one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh,my gosh that brings back so many memories. I am so scared it will happen to me again! I think I am going to demand they give me the epidural before they break my water! Do you think the will do that? What is shoulder dystocia, shoulder dislocated?? What a beauty. So so cute! Let us know when you pick a name. I am so excited for your family and sorry you had to feel the most unimaginable pain! Keep bloggin. I adore newborns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! you are a pioneer women!!!
    You are now my HERO!!!

    She is so stinkin cute!! I just love her!

    You get to pick the name after what you went through last night. Tell Brian I said so.

    :) I am glad you are both happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks jenny..yes you can have an epi before they break your water, but i had no idea i would be giving birth in half an hour when he broke my water. shoulder dystocia is when the shoulders get stuck in the pelvis, after the head is out. sometimes they have to break the clavicle, and they can't get the baby out, etc. i had 2 nurses pretty much punching me in the gut to get the shoulders out. it was hell. let's be honost. but it was def. rewarding and we are sooooo happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krystal...seriously, I'm scared to death to have another baby because of stories like this. When the doctor broke my water and I started having tiny contractions I thought I was going to DIE!! I don't know how you did it. PROPS to you!

    ReplyDelete