Sunday, June 8, 2008

President Hinckley

Photobucket

Be a Little Better..
We are all in this together, all of us, and we have a great work to do.
Every teacher can be a better teacher than he or she is today.
Every officer can be a better officer than he or she is today.
Every father can be a bether father.
Every mother can be a better mother.
Every husband can be a better husband, every wife a better wife, every child a better child.
We are on the road that leads to immortatlity and eternal life and today is a part of it. Let us never forget it.
-President Gordon B. Hinckley

Over the past week or two, I have been reading bits and pieces of "Stand a Little Taller" by President Hinckley. It came out in 2001, the year I graduated High School. Its interesting reading it now and remembering how I felt when I read it then. Life is good. I soon realized that I never posted my tribute blog when this wonderful man passed away.

Photobucket

I adore President Hinckley. I remember once when the missionaries were over I was asked who my favorite prophet was and my immeadiate answer was him. I still remember the warm feeling I felt when i realized how truly important he was to me. He is still my favorite. Mostly I think becuase he was the prophet during most of my "real life". Through out the good days of high school, when I was in college, and engaged, and when I was married in the temple, he was the prophet when both my kids were born. It seems for every significant part of my life he was the one I looked to for guidance through modern day scripture. I loved his whit and humor and his sensitivity and his love for his wife. I always said in high school that I would find a rightous man to love me the way he loved his eternal companion. And I think I did. So thank you President Hinckley for all that you are.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Krystal-
    Thanks for having us over for dinner. It was amazing. I was way impressed by your mad skills in the kitchen.

    We will have you over sometime and order a pizza!!!:)

    Mike is still humiliated!!

    See ya tonight at the old sweat shop!

    ReplyDelete