Monday, March 24, 2008

My Top 10 Songs

So I was challenged by Camille to make a top 10 greatest songs of all time list. My list is not really relevant to anybody but me...I know there are far greater songs out there...but this is MY top 10. So here it is, I also added my favorite line from each song. I also added the ones that weren't already there to my play list at the bottom of my page. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be and for sure I will need to tweak it as I have more time to think about it. PS. These are not in order, that was way to much for me.


1. My Best Friend-Tim McGraw-ohhh..this is my definition of true love and I'm pretty sure Timmy is singing this to me. "I fall in love all over every time I look at you"

2. Not Ready to Make Nice-Dixie Chicks- This song is my power trip song when I am angry and sick of trying to make nice with the world, and sick of having to prove that everything that I am is good enough. "I made my bed and I sleep like a baby"

3. This Years Love-David Gray-This is kind of a newer song but I think I will always love it, it's kind of like the "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" song. If you are willing to fall in love you are pretty much guaranteed to have your heart broken, but it is so worth it so love! "Don't you notice life goes on, won't you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet"

4.If Tomorrow Never Comes-Garth Brooks-This song taught me not to hold back so much. "Is the love I gave her in the past gonna be enough to last if tomorrow never comes"

5. Power of Love-Celine Dion-I could really just make a special play list just for her because she is amazing..but this is my favorite song of hers. I love being in love! "we're heading for something, somewhere I've never been"

6. I'll Stand By You- The Pretenders- My favorite version of this song was done by Carrie Underwood for Idol Gives Back, but I have always loved this song. To me its all about humanity...we are all in this together:). No matter how rich or poor we are, no matter were we come from, or what color we are, or what we look like we are all the same and we all need the same basic things in life. Think of what a better world we could have if we would all just stand by each other and not allow for anyone of any kind to be less than anyone else. "Well I'm a lot like you"

7. The Distance-Evan & Jaron- I hesitated to put this song in my top 10 since it was an "Our Song" with my missionary...but I've moved on and I still love this song so...This song is about being to far away from the one you love...in miles or in heart. "I will go the distance, I will go the miles, that's how much you mean to me"

8. Imagine-John Lennon-Just listen to the word's of this song. How could you not love it. A brotherhood of man working for the common good of the world. A world full of equals and peace. Just Imagine. "Nothing to kill or die for"

9. Right Here Waiting-Richard Marx-This is another one of my "our songs" songs. Well who cares I just love it. I learned to play it on the piano so I could sing it to "someone" when they got back from their mission. I was so dumb...but its still an awesome song. "Oh can't you see it baby you've got me going crazy"

10.Valentine-Marina McBride-The perfectly written love song. And she's pretty much my favorite female country singer. "All my life I have been waiting for all you give to me"

Sorry folks...

11.All My Life-K-Ci & JoJo- Ohhhh Hot. Such a lovers song and I love it. I also love Crazy too, but I didn't want to take up one of my ten for it. "You're all I'm thinking of, I praise the Lord above, for sending me your love...I really love you"

12.Just to See You Smile-Tim McGraw-I used to dream of this whole song happening to me..oh well. "So I told you that I was happy for you, and given the chance I'd lie again"

13.The Dance-Garth Brooks-Life is so worth it. There is no darkness without light. "I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance"

14. Wonderful Tonight-Eric Clapton-David Kersh also did this song a country version and I love it. Just a classic song that just makes me feel good inside. I've always wanted to be the "wonderful tonight" girl. "And the wonder of it all is that you just don't realize how much I love you"

3 comments:

  1. You are so awesome Krystal! Good songs! I like the idea of adding a line from the song. I wish I would have thaught of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal, I like your song list! It made me think i need to download more songs to my ipod. I am so not tec savy and it seems to much of a hastle to download them to my ipod but then when i get in the car i am mad because i have no songs! Anyways. Hope you had a good easter and I bought my boys outfits at gymboree.

    ReplyDelete