Thursday, January 8, 2009

6 Years

While we were in NC Brian and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. He sent me a dozen roses that morning and that night we went out to dinner at Texas Steakhouse and left the kids at home. I can hardly believe that it has been 6 years. I love you baby. Thanks for everything. I don't have any of our "stories" written down so I'm gonna take a deep breath and try to remember the story of how we met.



I had been dating lots of guys at BYU-Idaho and I hated them all:) I came home after a date 0n May 8th, 2002 and told my roomates that I was done with dudes. I didn't want to date ever again and didn't even want to sit beside one in class. And my missionary..it was over! The next day, we went to a concert on campus and when we got home there were three dudes sitting in our living room. We all came in the door and I just said with a frownsmile.."Who are you?". They then preceeded to tell us that one of them was dating a girl that lived in the apartment the previous semester, but she was off track so she was home in Oregon at the time. They had just come to pick up some stuff she had left for him (which wasn't really there). We all talked for about an hour. They noticed that we had about 200 DVD's but no DVD player. Brian said that everybody in his apartment had a personal DVD player and one shared one so he invited me to go back with them to their apartment and borrow his for a while. So the 3 boys and me drove over in his roomates little 4 seater purple car to his apartment. There was no where for me to sit so I just sat on Brian's lap. We went in for a tour of their apartment, and then Brian and I hopped in his hot dodge stratus, he said he was hungry and asked if I wanted to go to Subway with him or if I just wanted him to drop me off at home. I of coarse went to Subway with him, he was so polite and opened the doors for me and bought me dinner. After that he drove me home and I was holding the DVD player on top of his jacket in my lap, and when I got out I "accidentally" took both. When I got home I told my roomies that I thought he was a super nice guy but I would probably never see him again. But I guess I took care of that when I stole his jacket..



There you have it..the day I met my hubbie:)

Here are some pictures of when we were engaged. They have already been scrapbooked and we took them before the days of digital cameras so what you see is what you get:)

2 comments:

  1. cute, cute pictures! So who was that guy that said he dated emalee the semester before? Happy anniversary. Glad you got to do something fun. I always would of thought august was a good month to get married, but that is brenden's busiest time of year at work, so we always end up doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His name was Shane..she used to go to SLC all the time with him or something. He was a total d-bag. I think no matter when your anniversary is it's always the same story. A Christmas anniversary sucks!

    ReplyDelete