Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Dentist

Kailer and Katie Beth went to their first dentist appointment on Friday.  We were really nervous about it and had been talking it up for days.  Every time we mentioned it Kai ran away.  On Friday morning we got up and got ready for the day, then went to an early lunch at "crossings", one of Kai's favorite places to eat.  Then we went to Wal-Mart and the kids got to pick one toy to take with them to the dentist.  Then we journeyed on the the dentist and told the kids we would go bowling as soon as we were done.  The dentist was awesome!  If anyone needs a good recommendation..you must go to Dr. Brett and Randy Smith!  They had a train table, a 2 story tree house, and lots of other toys for them to play with.  We went back after filling out all the paperwork and the kids both had there teeth cleaned and flossed, and a fluoride treatment, and a check up with Dr. Smith.  I was so relieved to find out that they had perfect strong teeth.  I was sadly shocked to hear that.  We went bowling afterwards like we promised and had a wonderful day.  When I asked the kids about the dentist later they were so excited about their experience and said they want to go again tomorrow.  I am such a happy mom!  I didn't get any pics because I was so worried of the impending drama I totally forgot it.  Next time:)

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Brett, went to dental school with my sister Hayley's husband Ezra. They are really good friends. Hayley told me they recently moved to IF. A couple years ago we met up with his wife when we went to utah, she is a kick in the pants! My sister really misses their family. I'm glad you had great experence. We had a bad one early in the year, but when we went back a couple weeks ago, coop did so good and we went and bought a movie afterwards, since he never cried and he did good! Hoorah! I instantly had a good day the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! What a small world! Dr. Brett was sooo nice and good with our kids! I was so surprised at how well my kids did, I thought they were going to freak, but they put them at ease. I instantly had a good WEEK! Yeah for Dr. Brett!

    ReplyDelete