Friday, July 11, 2008

actually i lied...

it was with out a doubt the worst cupcake recipe ever! We had Camille, Josh, and Lily over for a water day and to make cupcakes. I used a home made recipe for the batter. I got it online and all the reviews gave it 5 stars..even one from a bakery owner. The frosting recipe I used called for crisco instead of butter, but again..rave reviews so I thought I would give it a try. Bad idea! The cupcakes tasted like cornbread. The frosting had way to much liquid and no matter what I did you could still taste the crisco. So instead of cupcakes we had cornbread and powdered sugar soup. Sad sad day.

Photobucket
thecupcakes/cornbread

Photobucket
the frosting/soup

Photobucket
camille helplessly trying to take off the cupcake paper..it was stuck on there pretty good

Photobucket
mmm..yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment