Wednesday, July 9, 2008

so on and so 4th..

We had a fun filled 4th! The kids swam while we grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and corn on the cob. Then we made a small camp fire in the back yard so the kids could do s'mores. We all played outside for hours until it finally started to get dark around 9:30. Me, Bri, and JL played catch and kids ran around with Dougrr, swam, and tried to play catch with us. It seems like it's been so long since I've played baseball and it was awesome just to play catch. Life gets so busy sometimes we forget to do the small things that make us happy. I did pretty good other than when I got hit in the back of the neck with a ball I was somehow supposed to catch while turned the other direction. When it started to get dark, we lit up our $100 dollars worth of fire works. The kids loved the small ones, Kai even got to hold them while we were lighting them up and then throw them. Kai loved the first couple of big ones, but lost interest after a while. Katie Beth was excited but kept her eyes and ears covered for pretty much all of it. My ridiculously crazy brother jumped through the last big one that we lit off three or four times and almost caught on fire. It was such a great family day!


Photobucket

the kids swimming..


Photobucket

kai helping light a smoke bomb..


Photobucket

me and katie beth..


Photobucket

me and my brotha..do work son..


Photobucket

kai's "stick" for marshmellows..


Photobucket

and katie beth's "stick..and yes she is always this dirty..


Photobucket

chowin down..


Photobucket

my boo..


Photobucket

silly girl..
Photobucket
catch..
Photobucket
fireworks..
Photobucket
rockstar..
jl jumping through the "eye of the tiger"






1 comment: