Monday, July 21, 2008

waffles

Kai tried to make himself some breakfast...waffles. He came into my room and said "mom, I want waffles for breakfast.", as soon as he got the words out of his mouth I started smelling smoke and took off for the kitchen. Before I even got down the hall way, every single fire alarm in our house started going off. The waffles were pouring smoke out of the toaster. Our whole upstairs was a smokey fog, I couldn't believe how much smoke 2 burnt waffels could put out. It was sooo loud and I wasn't sure how to get the alarms to turn off. I called Brian and tried to talk over the noise, he informed me that you can't turn them off, you just have to open the windows and air it out. Our house reeked of smoke for three days, we couldn't get rid of it. Needless to say he won't be trying to cook his own waffels anymore.
Photobucket
the waffles
Photobucket
the smoke
Photobucket
kai hiding
Photobucket
she was unphased by the pandimonium

2 comments:

  1. Hey Krystal-
    I hope it is okay that I put you on my blog. You have the cutest family. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo funny! Been there, done that. Smoke alarms are a love hate item.

    ReplyDelete